Sunday, October 3, 2010

When Honesty is not Always the Best Policy

With the time to Christmas fast approaching I have been seeing a few decorating ideas on blogs with tips on how to dress up your mantle and it got me to thinking about what is on the mantle in my bedroom............



This wooden sculpture was an anniversary gift from my husband and to be honest I hate it. He bought it while in Noosa at a friends wedding last year so I am thinking the romanticism of the occassion may have inspired him?? He went to a shop that I used to buy from alot while living there to be certain that what he bought I would definately like, this is what he told me before I opened the gift. Very clever dear husband because now I must like it, you know there is trouble ahead when you get an explanation before you open gifts.

With money being tight we had decided on no gifts, also the fact that a girlfriend of mine had received a dolphin lamp that glowed and blew smoke from her husband really scared me. Though my husband has good intentions he buys awful gifts, hence I thought I was being clever using the budget as a no gift reasoning. Maybe some tinsel could hide it for a few months.....say November to March?? followed by an Easter theme..........

2 comments:

BOB & MABEL said...

Hilarious! I received an apple slinky once..... a winner, not!

p h o t o g r a p h y said...

THAT is an absolute corker!!
you know, things like that tend to get broken mysteriously in our house!
perhaps it could fall into the fire place LOL!!