Tuesday, January 26, 2010
I am not telling my husband about this diet as he drives a truck for 12 hours a day eats loads of crap ie a pie and flavoured milk for breakfast (must be a truckie thing) and is always losing weight. I hate his high metabolism! However I am determined to fit back into my jeans by my birthday in March and by blogging about it I might just do it..............
Sunday, January 24, 2010
We have a new Winter stockist this year the lovely boutique MissChief Maker based in Canberra within the grounds of Rodney's Nursery. It must be so nice to work amongst all the flowers! and if you love a good photo check out their website the little models are just gorgeous.
Back by popular demand this year the unisex Hand Crochet Jacket available in Stone (pictured) or Ruby.
In store March 1st.
In store March 1st.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Where has the year gone little man? It only feels like yesterday we were sitting on this bed......
the next thing its Winter and 6 months have flown by................
Now its Summer and 45 degrees, luckily the cake went down quickly before the cream could curdle :)
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Guess what I found in my inbox??
Nestled in between the junk of winning an obscure countries lottery and being the beneficiary of a will of someone I never have known was a lovely little email from My Child Magazine letting me know they "love" our dresses and have done a small write up on them on their blog.
Check it out here, and to top it off our dresses are on their home page too....woohoo!! Thankyou My Child you have turned a really bad day (long story) into a great one.
Image courtesy of LouLou & Tummie
A great activity for the boys these school holidays is to make 3D paper robots.
These look fantastic and are free to download.
All you need is a printer, colour ink and some heavy stock paper.
Head on over to LouLou & Tummie click on the papertoys page and get printing!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Caryn over at Smooch Designs has made a lovely little dress out of one of the fabrics I sent her in my big fabric clean up so head on over to her blog and check it out, very cute!!
Caryn also makes some gorgeous bibs and bags which can found in her shop.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
turkey went, I will explain in bullet form
- I turn on oven and remove turkey from fridge
- I had forgotten to stuff the turkey
- I searched for a stuffing recipe
- I went shopping for stuffing ingredients
- I bought crap toys to keep 2yr old happy while shopping for stuffing ingredients
- Teething 11mth old also did not like shopping for stuffing ingredients
- I made stuffing
- I drank wine
- I drank more wine and turkey did not get cooked on day 1
- Day 2 I again turn on oven
- 12hrs later on Christmas Eve I turn off oven and hope for the best
- Christmas Day lunch warm turkey
- Christmas Day dinner cold turkey
- Boxing day lunch and dinner cold turkey
- Dec 27th lunch cold turkey, dinner Red Curry Turkey
- Dec 28th lunch cold turkey, dinner Turkey Pasta
- Dec 29th lunch yep you guessed it turkey toasted sandwiches, dinner Turkey Pie
- Dec 30th again with the turkey sandwhich, dinner Zuchinni bake with Turkey
- Dec 30th middle of the night I wake up feeling very ill
- New Years Eve dog eats rest of turkey
- Next Year NO TURKEY!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
A Little Bird Told Me and check it out!! Great idea Christine you have inspired me to make a few for my little men.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Brusselsprouts has been interviewed by Jemma from Handmade Kids a site that I adore! Handmade Kids is all about promoting Australian handmade products, who wouldn't love this site?!
A quote from Jemma:
"All items featured on Handmade Kids are created by artists, crafters and independently owned businesses – there is nothing mass produced here. They have the blisters to prove it! "
You can read our interview '5 minutes with Brusselsprouts' here.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
For every cup of fruit use 1 cup of sugar, simmer away until it starts to set and if it doesnt set very well add a tablespoon of lemon juice. I had some champagne from Chrismas left over so I threw that in too...