Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Master Ex a new pitch to the Networks........


Last night I was watching tv and heard an announcement that had me reeling........ an Australian version of 'Iron Chef" is about to hit our screens. I'm sorry but what the hell??? I love a good episode of Iron Chef.... usually after a few glasses of wine as it does give me the giggles, but mainly I love it for all the weird and wonderful food that is cooked which just doesnt tally for me with Australian cuisine. However it got me to thinking that there are a ridiculous amount of cooking/chef/reality kitchen shows on at the moment so I too have come up with my own idea of a show 'Master Ex' where one can reflect on what your ex/exe's cooked you for the first time and if it impressed or set the basis for your entire relationship.

Looking back for myself Ex #1 cooked macaroni and cheese with bacon and pineapple, he knew I did not like cooked pineapple but as he was the 'chef' it was his decision............mmmm yep 7 years later I realised his wants and pineapple would always come first.

Moving on to Ex #2 the first meal of spaghetti wasnt cooked by him but by his housemate (he took the credit), after I found this out I thought he was trying not to make a mistake with that first meal but it turns out he was a great cook when he did actually cook, unfortunately he was just very lazy. Unfortunately it took me 5 years to figure this out.
Lastly we have possibly the worst presented meal ever....A massive steak bleeding on my plate with a salad of lettuce, tomato and huge heart attack size blocks of cheese. On the table three open cans, one each of corn, beetroot and asparagus nestled up against a tub of meadow lea margarine and a Tip Top loaf of white bread. Condiments consisted of a bottle of tomato sauce and an industrial sized Saxa salt dispenser.
Looking at this spread before me I knew then and there I would marry this man, born and bred on a cattle farm, no pretentions, no pretending and he gentlemanly offered me the fork to spoon out the cans with first (he no longer eats from cans since I explained the effects of salmonella).

Okay so maybe not a show that people might tune in to every week like it is but throw in a few challenges a few around the world destinations and a contestant or two that you love to hate and yeah I think this can work...............:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it !!! I tried thinking of what my exes cooked for me and realised not one of them cooked for me at all! No wonder the love of my life is a chef !

Blanche said...

I took my now hubby to my favourite Indian retaurant in Scotland on our first date....only to find out later that he HATES (really hates) spicey food and especially Indian meals. Hee hee, it was love.

p h o t o g r a p h y said...

I love this!