Sunday, August 29, 2010

Turning Old into New

Everytime I travel overseas I always bring back something that I hope will last a lifetime, mainly art or sculptures or wood carvings. I ofcourse buy all the obligatory items like shoes and clothes and accessories which now either dont fit, have been worn to death or lost in my many moves. While I was in Thailand I bought these cute little elephants which my boys love to play with, however they are losing all their little sparkly bits so I thought I would spruce them up a bit ..............
While spring cleaning this weekend I found some box picture frames in a cupboard so I cut some leftover fabric and popped it inside then sat the elephants on the inside edge of the frames.
My old elephants look like new again and they are now out of reach of little fingers ...............

No comments: